Active + Informal Spaces

 

One of the most appealing features of Minoru Park is the variety of activities that draw people of all ages and interests

Today, active uses, including facilities,  sports fields, and parking occupy approximately 67% or two-thirds of Minoru Park. The remaining 33% focuses on passive spaces including gardens, trees, lakes, trails, and open space

Minoru Park has two distinct character precincts, divided east-west: 

  • North Precinct – Informal Focus: Naturalized landscapes, horticultural gardens, and lakes are inter-connected with weaving pathways and sitting areas, where visitors come to relax, picnic, stroll, and watch wildlife. 
  • South Precinct – Active Focus: The south precinct is home to indoor skating, swimming, and activity facilities, the 400 m track, courts and sports fields, centres for culture and art, a playground, as well as parking and utilities.  
North Precinct Character

North Precinct Character

Minoru Canal divides the North and South Precincts

Minoru Canal divides the North and South Precincts

South Precinct Character

South Precinct Character